an error occurred - Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC

Jul 22, 2010 at 11:53 AM
This looks like a godsend of a tool as I have to document our whole CRM system, however I get an error when running it for Forms: an error occurred - Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC The program starts to document the Account Entity Form and seems to finish it as there is a grey box at the bottom but then throws up that error and stops. Any ideas how to fix this? The tool works fine for Scripts and Picklists
Jul 22, 2010 at 11:55 AM
Sorry - I should have pointed out that I am using Excel 2007 and the rest of the Office 2007 Suite. I do also have PowerPoint 2010 (Beta) installed, I don't know if this would have any adverse affect. Operating System is Vista Business 32 bit
Coordinator
Jul 22, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Stacko111 - have you tried exporting only one or two entities and trying those? - try just exporting a configuration file for your contact entity and a different one with just the account configuration. then try either of those - maybe that can narrow down the issue -

Also if you have a 'vanilla'/unconfigured XML file you might try that just to see if it's related to the installation or to the CRM Configuration.

Jul 23, 2010 at 8:46 AM

Hi SSEWELL, thanks for getting back to me.

I tried exporting just the Account Entity, then just the Contact Entity then the Account and Contact Entities together but all three threw up the same issue - very frustrating!

I've also just tried to import an unconfigured XML file and got the error again. I guess this means its an issue with my PC, I will try it on someone elses.

Jul 23, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Ok I installed it on another machine and it worked perfectly so it looks like it's just somethign not right on my machine. Not a problem, I have the information I want now - thanks!