CRM 2011

Jan 12, 2011 at 10:16 AM

This is a great tool.  I had a look at the source code to see if I could use it as a starting point for CRM 2011.  However, it seems to me that the customisation.xml in the Solution zip file does not have EntityInfo except for new fields.  Has anyone else looked at how we could get something similar to this fro CRM 2011?

Feb 16, 2011 at 1:02 PM

...I would like this too, did you find a solution during the last month?

Feb 18, 2011 at 8:37 AM

No, afraid I didn't.   Because the EntityInfo isn't in the xml any more, it seems to be that it will require code to connect to your Organisation to get the information.  Beyond my abilities I'm afraid!

Jul 28, 2011 at 12:06 PM
janett wrote:

No, afraid I didn't.   Because the EntityInfo isn't in the xml any more, it seems to be that it will require code to connect to your Organisation to get the information.  Beyond my abilities I'm afraid!

Desperately seeking the documentation generator for CRM Online 2011 as well. Not my skill set either.  Wish MS would deliver a tool like this - especally since our access to the database is so limited!

Jul 29, 2011 at 12:12 AM

Try http://blog.sonomapartners.com/2011/05/metablast-get-your-microsoft-crm-entity-schema-data-now.html - I don't find it quite as elegant as the old V4 documentation generator, but it works and the price is right! Thanks Sonoma Partners :)

Jul 29, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Works nicely but not with CRM 2011 Online.  I have been using the samples in the SDK (attributes.sln) to generate xml files of the attributes as one xml and another for optionsets but probably could combine them.   I didn't want a single file of all entities so in DumpAttributeInfo.cs I replaced

RetrieveAllEntitiesResponse response = (RetrieveAllEntitiesResponse)_serviceProxy.Execute(request);

with

RetrieveEntityRequest request = new RetrieveEntityRequest()
                    {
                        EntityFilters = EntityFilters.Attributes,
                        LogicalName = Opportunity.EntityLogicalName,
                        RetrieveAsIfPublished = true };

and comment take out the foreach (EntityMetadata currentEntity... and replace with EntityMetaData currentEntity = response.EntityMetadata.  You can do a similar thing in DumpPicklistInfo.cs to just get one Entity at a time.  Again, not elegant but does the job.

Feb 10, 2012 at 8:16 AM

May I know if this tool works or if it has a version for Dynamics CRM 2011?

Can someone guide me on this?

Thanks.

Feb 10, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Oh nevermind.

I found the link http://metadatadocgenerator.codeplex.com/ :)